Thursday, December 1, 2016

Learning on the LOO...

I was sharing resources and ideas of using technology in the classroom with teachers in Madison County, IN. A couple of the teachers then told me I should start a blog so I can share my ideas with other teachers. I have contemplated for several months and decided today is the day! Now I am sitting her thinking where do I start...

This school year I have decided to do a few new things. The First one is to get rid of sending tons of emails and focus on sharing information in a place where everyone goes throughout the day...THE RESTROOM! After working with one of my other eLearning Coaches "Learning on the Loo" was developed and shared in our elementary buildings. In my two buildings I do a Learning on the Loo for STAFF and another one for STUDENTS(4th-6th graders). 

This is an example of my first Learning on the Loo for STAFF.


I then decided I was going to work with the 4 C's of Technology.
I created Learning on the Loo papers on each of the 4C's for Staff.

To create all of my Learning on the Loo papers I use PiktoChart.
I then place them in slide sleeves and have students add the new ones each time in the restrooms.
Above is a photo of my Communication Learning on the Loo for the STAFF



Communication Links:


       COMMUNICATE WITH STUDENTS: GoFormative, Kahoot, PollEverywhere, Google Classroom, Socrative, TodaysMeet, Padlet, Skype, Google Hangouts, Google Forms, Remind, Quizizz, PlickersCANVAS, Google For Education Suite, Symbaloo



For students I have created several different Learning on the Loo papers. 
To promote CODING, I created this Learning on the Loo for Students
Student Links for Coding Websites: CODE, Scratch, Tynker
Student Apps for Coding:  Lightbot Jr., Lightbot, Scratch Jr, and Hopscotch


I created this one to accompany the Staff's papers about the 4C's


No comments:

Post a Comment