This school year, as the eLearning Specialist I implemented "Earn a Badge for That."
Teachers are doing great things in their classrooms and outside of their classrooms with integrating a Blended Learning environment and integrating technology. I wanted to showcase all the great things they were doing with their students as well as becoming life-long learners.
I have two buildings that I work in so I created a Google Form they must fill out to earn badges. The form sends me an email letting me know someone has filled it out and then at the end of each week I add the badges to the teachers special page.
In the primary building I hang all K-4 teachers papers and badges by the mailbox. In the intermediate building I hang all 5th and 6th grade teachers next to their classrooms. My principals, special area, and guidance counselors also participate.
I create specialized badges on the tasks they complete. For instance if they completed the task of using a Google tool then they would fill out the form and I would give them the badge that matches their google tool used.
I create all my badges using OnlineBadgeMaker. I print them off 9 at a time using the wallet size printer settings and use a scrapbooking 2" circle tool to cut them out quicker.
At the end of each grading period I have a random drawing for prizes. If there name gets chosen they get to pick from the following options.
My teachers are challenging themselves and realizing how many amazing things they are doing, as well as what their colleagues are doing. It is pushing them to try new things and be life-long learners just like their students!




No comments:
Post a Comment